Liberry Air

Friday, July 14, 2006

A substance we call plastic

You know how everyone complains about those annoying seals on a new CD or a new DVD? Well, try ordering a whole bloody CASE of them for your school and trying to process them. I ordered (and paid for) shelf-ready. What did that mean? Did it mean they did all the dirty work: took off the crappy, tabless, shrink-wrapping, magically magnetic frickin' plastic? Put on all the stickers? Put on all the various permutations of glossy and non-glossy labels necessary for use? Have them ready to actually go on a shelf? No. It meant they throw most (not even all) of the crap you need to do this in a big honkin' envelope and ship it to you, all crinkled and mushed up in the bottom of the case of DVDs. So what the hell do you get when you don't order shelf-ready? One hestitates to even ask.

Well, I may not ask, but it's what I'm gonna order next time. I can pay $3+ bucks a head for "shelf-ready" processing and do all the work or I can pay about a buck a head for whatever the alternative is and do all the work. Even I can do this math.

And they can't catalog for crap either.

jerks.

Nice how I elevate the literacy level of the blogosphere, eh? Class-eee.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home