Liberry Air

Saturday, August 19, 2006

And now

One of the few colleagues and friends at school is being recruited by another school - and I can't see how she can refuse their offer or the zero commute.

I'm hearing around that the principal, when I'm not there, is frustrated with my room - not moving fast enough for her, not getting rid of enough "useless" stuff. They've moved the "new" (they're old & crappy) computers in - and one of my tables disappeared (principal decided I didn't need it). So now I don't have enough seating for a class unless they're at computer tables - which don't have enough room for them to do anything but work directly on a keyboard: no notes, no books, no binders. My library has become a computer lab. It doesn't matter if I'm comfortable in it; it has to fit someone else's vision and comfort level.

The landscape of my so-called professional life grows bleak.

Anyone know of a nice community college here in the Land of Surprises looking for a librarian, not a technician?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home