Liberry Air

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Is this a water joke?

The lake that our upper lawn has become spawned a rivulet which immediately headed across the driveway into my newly established flower bed. After lugging and dumping carefully spreading a dozen huge sacks of garden soil; planting a lilac; planting a burning bush; and planting an entire large sack of tulip bulbs, I coudln't let this continue. (Actually I'd have thought about it less if it weren't for all the holes laboriously dug for the tulip bulbs.)

Thanks to Ocean State Job Lot's sale on 32 quart sacks of potting soil, I acquired a supply of sand bags and banked the driveway. The new river was redirected...to the lower lawn. What luck that I had already purchased sacks of grass seed for some patching! Maybe I should just dump them in the junior river and let it spread the grass seed in its own path?

The garden disaster having been more or less averted, I can return to constructing annotated science ebibliographies. Oh, joy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home